Saturday, February 5, 2011

Recommendation :: Red Moon Rising :: Pete Greig & Dave Roberts

I spent much of Thursday finishing Pete Greig and Dave Roberts' Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation. I'm glad I did.

I know very little about 24-7 Prayer (though I'm enjoying digging through www.24-7prayer.com). I know even less about Pete Greig, one of the dreamers of the movement. But I do know my own heart, and this way of doing Jesus' mission lights me up inside. Beautiful stuff.

Fair warning, Red Moon Rising is put out by a small, young press (Relevant Books, the same folks who publish RELEVANT Magazine). The writing is clumsy at points; sometimes it's a bit of a bumpy ride. Another work through with the editor wouldn't have hurt. But hang on for the ride. Some days God likes to use those "of imperfect speech."

Red Moon Rising feels a micro-generation old at this point. These are the stories I heard friends' older sisters and brothers talking about when I was in high school. Reading these stories now feels like listening to the echo of testimonies still bouncing around a prayer room the morning after. But if God did work like this ten years ago, maybe God still works like this today. Some hope, for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...