Monday, July 6, 2009

Hope and Refreshing

This morning I opened my book and read this:

But you, mountains of Israel, will grow your branches, and bear your fruit for my people Israel; for they will arrive soon. For indeed, I am on your side; I will turn to you, and you will be plowed and planted. I will multiply your people--the whole house of Israel, all of it. The cities will be populated and the ruins rebuilt. I will increase the numbers of people and animals on you; they will increase and be fruitful. I will cause you to be inhabited as in ancient times, and will do more good for you than at the beginning of your history. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. I will lead people, my people Israel, across you; they will possess you and you will become their inheritance. No longer will you bereave them of their children. . . .

I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries; then I will bring you to your land. I will sprinkle you with pure water and you will be clean from all your impurities. I will purify you from all your idols. I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you; I will take the initiative and you will obey my statutes and carefully observe my regulations. Then you will live in the land I gave to your fathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and multiply it; I will not bring a famine on you. I will multiply the fruit of the trees and the produce of the fields, so that you will never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations.

These are good words to read on a summer morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...